Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hummus of the Week: Roasted Red Pepper


I know... kind of looks like a 4th grade Thanksgiving Art assignment...

Back! Finally! I apologize to the faithful Fallible fans out there for going so long without a post... what can I say? An impromptu trip to Pennsylvania mixed with a busy personal life have severely limited my internet time. I thought the best choice for a new post would involve those magical little chick peas we all love so much. So here it is: Roasted Red Pepper Hummus.

The first step is to Roast your Red Peppers. I've mentioned this method before for the delicious Vegetarian Lasagna I made a few weeks ago. But this time I've included pictures!!

Take 2 Red Bell Peppers, slice them in half and clean out the seeds. Place them skin side up under your broiler for... as long as it takes until there's no more red. Keep checking until they look like the "After" pictures. Then throw them into a zipped plastic bag (or a tupperware container) and let them steam for 20 minutes. Then remove them and peel off the blackened skin. Ta-da! Roasted Red Peppers!!


Before


After!

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
1 can chick peas
3 cloves garlic, minced*
1/3 cup tahini
Lemons Juice (one or two lemons)
2 Roasted Red Peppers
Salt and Pepper to taste

*A note from Emily: throw your garlic cloves into the food processor before everything else, then pulse until minced. The magic of the food processor NEVER ceases to amaze me!

Throw in everything else and spin it 'til you love it.

Enjoy!




No comments: